Twitter is popular because of its simplicity and limited character limits. It has millions of daily users that utilize it for news, current topics, and real-time conversations. By adding Twitter to your strategy, our promoted tweets might reach over 300 million people worldwide. However, you need to know the correct Twitter ads sizes to be able to use this platform in your sponsored strategy.
Twitter is a valuable medium for both large and small businesses. It has a variety of ad formats, so you’re sure to find one that suits your needs. Keep reading to learn more about the Twitter ad specs you’ll need to get started on your social media marketing campaign creation.
Types of Twitter Ads Sizes
Twitter Text Ad Post Size
Text ads are normal tweets that show up in the feeds of those you choose to target as sponsored content. Likes, replies, favorites, and retweets are all standard features. These simple and native text ads, which have all of the components of a typical tweet, blend in with the rest of Twitter’s content and allow you to extend the reach of your Tweets beyond your followers to your specified target demographic.
• Text: 280 characters
Twitter Ad Image Size
When combined with buttons and polls, image advertising allows you to show off your greatest works. With image ads, you can highlight your product or service in just one photo.
- Text: 280 characters, though every link reduces the character count by 23 characters.
- File type: PNG or JPEG
- File size: 5 MB max.
- Banner ads for audience network: 320 x 50 pixels
- Medium rectangle audience network ads: 300 x 250 pixels
- Full-screen Twitter ads size for mobile: 320 x 480 pixels
- Full-screen Twitter ads size for tablets: 768 x 1024 pixels
- Full landscape Twitter ads size: 480 x 320 or 1024 x 768 pixels
There are five different types of image ads:
- Individual Image Ads
- Website Buttons on Image Ads
- App Buttons on Image Ads
- Conversation Buttons on Image AdsPolls in Image Ads
Twitter Video Ad Specs
You can also opt for the right Twitter video ad size for your next ad. We all know that video content reigns supreme. It’s simple to make good videos. Just go to Simplified and create your own to engage users with a compelling story and stunning visuals.
Video ads let customers connect with your business by bringing things to life and driving them to a website or app, or by simply engaging with your message.
Twitter ads size suggests that videos be 15 seconds or less, but video ads can be up to 10 minutes long. You can start with a maximum of 2 minutes and 20 seconds as a default. Videos that are less than 60 seconds long will loop.
- Text: 280 characters (each link used in the Tweet counts for 23 characters, reserving 257 characters for your ad copy)
- Video file type and size: MP4 or MOV, 1GB max (30MB and under strongly recommended for optimal performance)
- Video duration: up to 2 minutes and 20 seconds supported, but 15 seconds or less is recommended.
- Thumbnail: supported files are PNG or JPEG
- Looping: videos under 60 seconds will loop
Twitter Carousel Ad Specs
Carousels are ideal for highlighting many items, such as sale products or a feature list for your product. You can choose between website and app carousels.
Carousel Ads allow advertisers to exhibit numerous products or promotions using up to six pictures or videos that you can swipe left and right. Carousel advertisements on Twitter are a new type that closely resembles Facebook’s carousel ads, also known as multi-image ads.
- Number of carousel slides (cards): 2-6 images or videos
- Twitter Ads size: 800 x 418 px for 1.91:1 aspect ratio, 800 x 800 px for 1:1 aspect ratio
- Twitter Video Ad size: 800 x 450 px for 16:9 aspect ratio, 800 x 800 px for 1:1 aspect ratio
- Aspect ratio:
- Image Carousels: 1.91:1 or 1:1 for image assets using a single aspect ratio within one carousel.
- Video Carousels: 16:9 or 1:1 for video assets using a single aspect ratio within one carousel.
Twitter ad dimensions are very important to follow if you want to utilize Twitter in your broader marketing strategy. Like in any other social media marketing strategy, you must first identify your goal. Then choose your preferred ad layouts and placements.
This platform can help you reach out to new members of your target demographic. Twitter may not have the same number of users as Facebook or Instagram, but it still has a valued audience.
The good news is that you can do all your Twitter ad creation on Simplified. By signing up, you can browse through thousands of professionally designed, customizable templates that are built for all the different Twitter ads sizes. Check it out!
One App For Modern Teams
One Free app to design, collaborate, and scale your work – try Simplified today.