In the first part of this blog about digital marketing trends, we discussed the growing popularity of Artificial Intelligence in marketing and how companies are partnering with influencers for brand promotions. We also spoke about the importance of chatbots in retaining your customers and the shift towards programmatic advertising.
In this blog, we’ll discuss some more digital marketing trends for 2021 that you should know about and some helpful tips for getting started.
Top Digital Marketing Trends Continued
If you’ve read the first part of this blog, you know that Artificial Intelligence has been one of the latest up-and-coming digital marketing trends for 2021. With AI, grew personalization, owing to the abundant consumer data readily available. Therefore, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that 89% of businesses are investing in personalization for their current and future success.
Today, there are numerous tools and algorithms that collect, store, analyze and manage customer data. Companies have been using personalization in the following two ways:
For instance, Adobe Target is one of the platforms that uses advanced machine learning to provide a tailored experience to each visitor, also known as Auto-Targeting. CRM platforms allow you to build automated email workflows based on customer interactions with the mail.
However, the most important thing for companies to remember is the line between personalization and encroaching, as the latter must be avoided.
2. Video Marketing
This digital marketing trend has captured the attention of millions of social media users. With 72% of businesses vouching for the impact of videos on their conversions, it’s clear that videos are here to stay.
There are now multiple avenues for marketing your brand through video- YouTube, Facebook Live, Instagram’s Reels, IGTV, and Live, and even LinkedIn. We believe the reason videos are growing in popularity is because of their versatility and brevity. You can view them on multiple devices and get all the necessary info in a fun and concise way. What’s not to love?
To help you get started, here are a few things you should remember:
- Google pushes web pages that include videos higher in the rankings as people find them more compelling.
- Get the video transcribed and embed it in a blog along with the transcription. Repurposing content in this way will save you time too!
- Use Live Videos for interviews, product demos, and behind-the-screen glimpses.
- Optimize your video’s title and description and use your keyword in both. Make sure to include a CTA at the end of your video.
- Use eye-catching and original thumbnails for your videos.
The title – Braidy Industries – Motion Graphics Explainer Video – is short, clear, descriptive, and includes relevant keywords. All in just six words!
The description contains a brief and simple profile of the content, followed by the company’s relevant information, contact information, social media platforms, and a call to action.
91% of mobile users turn to their devices for inspiration when in the middle of a task. A further 66% of people consult their phones to learn about something new they’ve come across. These eureka moments, when users are only focusing on their phones, are what Google calls micro-moments.
Google’s 4 Micro-Moments in Digital Marketing Trends
As per Google, people generally make instant decisions in the following four micro-moments:
If your marketing strategies involve elements designed to take advantage of this current digital marketing trend, you’re good to go! To do so, be where the consumers are, or as Google puts it- be there, be useful, and be accountable.
For instance, the executive team at Sephora noticed an upcoming digital marketing trend when they realized how often customers turned to their mobiles in-store. After a little research, the team learned the main reason for doing so was to learn more about the products in their hands. Not only that, but they were also looking for previously bought products and available shades. As a result of this finding, Sephora developed a mobile website and app functionality aimed at answering these search queries.
Tips for Implementing Digital Marketing Trends for 2021
1. Remember these points to ‘Be There’
- Do a reality check. Think of how your customers can reach you through searches and understand the most-searched-for topics for your business and industry.
- How often are you showing up in these results? How often are you there to meet key consumer needs? Compare the results on desktop and mobile and against your competition.
- Be there for all of the above 4 moments where customers intend to act.
2. Remember these points to ‘Be Useful’
Let’s look at this one based on the latest digital marketing trends’ four key moments:
- I-Want-to-Know: Create digestible content that offers helpful information.
- I-Want-to-Go: Show your customers you’re nearby when they search for a local business or product.
- I-Want-to-Do: Create how-to videos for your product to show the ease of use. Make sure that the video is mobile-friendly.
- I-Want-to-Buy: Use location and device clues to help consumers seal the deal however they like, on your site or app, in-store, or over the phone.
3. Remember these points to ‘Be Quick’
- Eliminate the hassle of extra steps. Add one-click functionality, use drop-down menus and display clear CTA buttons.
- Anticipate your customer’s needs. Use customer behavior data to tailor their next experience.
- Ensure your page load speed is top notch.
Hopefully, this blog was insightful for you and will help you start altering your marketing strategy based on some of the best digital marketing trends for 2021. For more industry updates and tips on marketing, branding, and design, check out our blog.