Are you struggling to create engaging images for your content? Are you tired of using the same old stock images? If so, Midjourney AI Image Generator can be a game-changer for you! This AI-powered tool can generate high-quality images based on your text prompts in seconds. But, writing effective prompts is key to getting the most out of this tool. In this blog post, we’ll give you 5 advanced and actionable tips to write better prompts for Midjourney AI Image Generator. These tips will help you create stunning and unique visuals that will make your content stand out. So, let’s dive in and discover how to master the art of writing prompts for AI-generated images!
Tips to write effective Midjourney prompts
If you want to create amazing images with Midjourney, you must structure your text prompts correctly. By incorporating the right styling and quality keywords, along with relevant art jargon, you can get the best results. In this list, we’ve compiled some essential tips for crafting the ultimate Midjourney text-to-image prompts. You don’t need to include all of these elements in your prompts, but incorporating some of them can make a significant difference.
- Use a noun: Your prompt should include a noun that gives Midjourney a clear view of the subject. If you’re using emojis, stickers, or GIFs as prompts, you can skip this step.
- Add adjectives: Adjectives like mesmerizing, magnificent, hyper-realistic, smoky effect, colorful, etc. can bring an impressive effect to the artwork. Let the adjectives do the magic! Just by adding a few adjectives, you can welcome outstanding results.
- Mention artist names: By mentioning artists’ names in your prompt, you can effortlessly mimic all their artistic touches. Our article “List of Artists Supported by Midjourney” has over 600 artists along with their field of work, making it easy to find and add an artist name in your prompt.
- Use styling jargon: Specify the kind of style you want by using styling keywords such as pixel art, digital art, fantasy, surrealism, symmetry, contemporary, modern, minimalism, and so on. There is a slew of styling keywords available on this spreadsheet for free.
- Specify the quality: You can specify the quality of the artwork in your prompt. Use quality keywords such as high-quality, 4k, and 8k, or add the quality parameter “-quality 2” in your prompt. The Quality Parameter will define how long the AI spends creating your image.
- Use aspect ratios: Aspect ratios (–ar) are another parameter of Midjourney just like “-quality”. By using aspect ratios, you can change the resolution of the artwork that Midjourney generates.
- Add art platform names: Adding art platform names can let you utilize the styles that you don’t have any clue about. Adding keywords like “trending on artstation, trending on Behance, Unreal Engine, Weta Digital, Wētā FX, WLOP”, etc. in the Midjourney prompt will result in the style pulled from these platforms.
- Mention art medium: Another easy-to-use keyword to get a variety of images is adding art medium names, such as pencil art, ink art, oil pastel, watercolor, wood/ marble sculpture, silhouette lines, etc.
Advanced Techniques for Midjourney Prompting
Now that you have a good understanding of what constitutes a simple prompt and the key elements of a good prompt, let’s explore some advanced Midjourney prompting techniques that will help you achieve even better results.
A more advanced prompt can establish clearer communication between you and Midjourney, leading to better artwork. Here are some of the advanced techniques you can use:
Multi prompts are used to indicate to the Midjourney bot that two or more concepts are being used in a prompt. They can be used to gain more control over certain words in a prompt, which can help you achieve optimal artwork according to your imagination.
In most cases, users of Midjourney use multi prompts to differentiate between open and closed compound words, such as hot dog, jellyfish, cotton candy, peanut butter, street light, fire truck, full moon, and so on. To use multi prompts in Midjourney, simply add a “double colon (::)” next to the word you want to separate.
Text weighting, or prompt weighting, is a concept that indicates the importance of the word you added weight to. If you want Midjourney to focus on a particular element of your prompt, you can add weight to that part alone.
Note: If no weights are specified in your prompt, it defaults to 1. While Midjourney versions 1, 2, and 3 only accept whole numbers as weights, version 4 accepts decimals.
Negative prompts, or negative weights, are used to eliminate certain attributes from AI-generated artwork. To do this, use the “-no” parameter.
In Midjourney, you can even use images as prompts along with a text description. To do this, upload your image into the Midjourney Discord and copy the URL. Then paste the URL and add your text prompt.
You can also use existing URLs from the internet, such as those from Unsplash, Pixabay, Pexels, and more. Midjourney accepts multiple image URLs in a single image prompt, which can be used to blend the characteristics of images.
An Alternative to Midjourney: Simplified as a Text-to-Image Generator
Say goodbye to the time-consuming process of finding the right images for your written content. Simplified’s text-to-image generator provides an effortless alternative to Midjourney, allowing you to create professional-looking visuals that perfectly complement your messaging.
But Simplified doesn’t stop there. Our all-in-one platform includes a design tool that seamlessly integrates with our text-to-image generator. This means you can quickly and easily create high-quality visual content without having to jump between different software programs.
Whether you’re creating content for your blog or social media, Simplified’s comprehensive creation suite makes it easy to manage all of your content in one place. With built-in tools for AI writing, video editing, social media planning and scheduling, and much more, you can spend less time on content creation and more time engaging with your audience.
In conclusion, Midjourney AI Image Generator is an excellent tool for creating high-quality images for your content. However, writing effective prompts is key to getting the most out of this AI-pow