As the world’s largest video-sharing platform, YouTube offers a wide range of content, from vlogs and music videos to gaming, how-to guides, and more.
With such a vast and varied selection of content, it can be difficult to stand out from the crowd. However, one way to make your channel more visible and credible is to get verified by YouTube.
In this article, we will walk you through everything you need to know about YouTube verification, from qualifications and requirements to the verification process itself. We will also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about YouTube verification. Keep Reading !
What Does Getting Verified On YouTube Mean?
YouTube hosts millions of channels, and billions of viewers on its free platform. It is natural for content, channel names, and concepts to be duplicated. Hence verification of your channel is crucial.
To be able to monetize your channel, verification is not needed but having a verification mark next to it helps to build authority and credibility of your channel among all other competitor channels.
Related: How Long Can YouTube Shorts Be? A Beginner’s Guide
Difference Between Verified Account & Verified Badge
A verified account and a verification badge are two different things. When you create your YouTube account for the first time, YouTube asks you to add your phone number to check if you’re a real person or a bot.
The verification badge is the little grey checkmark sign that has to be applied for. We will talk about this in more detail, so keep reading!
Why Is Verification Important?
Verification is important for a number of reasons :
- It makes your channel more visible and credible.
- It allows you to access certain features that are only available to verified channels, such as live streaming and custom thumbnails.
Finally, it gives you the ability to join the YouTube Partner Program, which allows you to monetize your videos.
Related: 6 Tips to Get Verified on Instagram in 4 Easy Steps for 2023
How Do You Get Verified On YouTube 2023?
In order to be verified on YouTube, you must meet certain qualifications and provide certain information.
1.Meet YouTube’s Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for verification, your channel must be in good standing and meet the following criteria:
- Have at least 100,000 subscribers
- Be active for at least one year
- Have a complete and up-to-date profile
- Have an uploaded logo as a channel icon
2.Submit A Verification Request: Once you’ve met the eligibility criteria, you can submit a verification request through the YouTube Studio settings tab.
3.Provide Proof Of Identity: YouTube may ask you to provide proof of your identity, such as a government-issued ID or a business document.
4. Wait For Verification: After you’ve submitted your request and provided proof of identity, YouTube will review your request. This process can take several weeks.
How Can You Maintain Your Verification Status?
Once you’ve been verified and have received the badge, it’s important to maintain your verification status by continuing to meet YouTube’s community guidelines and terms of service.
Here are some ways to keep growing to maintain your YouTube channel-
- Focus On Authenticity: Make content that is original to you and your audience. Ensure you use good quality equipment, script your videos well, and create appealing videos that your viewers will like.
You can also use external tools like Simplified to generate ideas for your videos. Use the AI copywriting tool to generate new concepts like Youtube intro ideas to feature in your content.
- Engage With Your Audience: One of the best ways to build trust with your online community is to engage with them. Replying to comments goes a long way to show authenticity, which adds to your credibility.
When your audience sees that you care, it will encourage them to subscribe to your channel, which will help you to grow your list of subscribers. YouTube engagement plays a big role in your channel growth.
- Use A YouTube Scheduler: On YouTube, timing matters a lot, and so does the algorithm to ensure timely posting. Be prepared beforehand and automate your posting schedule.
You can Grow Your Business with the YouTube Scheduler for Posts and Stories. It comes with an inbuilt thumbnail creator, video editor, title generator, and more features to level up your YouTube game.
YouTube is a fun way to get your talent out and start sharing it with others. Take it seriously, and you can potentially generate a stable income from it. Make use of all the tools and features mentioned above and accelerate your YouTube journey.